Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Back to school

Today, I had my first ever university class. I have decided to complete my degree in Communication Studies. It’s a good deal, because my Broadcast Journalism diploma transfers into the U of C degree program. I receive almost two years of credits. I’ll only be taking one, maybe two classes a semester. It will be a while before I graduate, but why not?! I work on campus and starting in December, I will get one free class per semester.

I must admit, I was a little intimidated by the +200 students in today’s class, but the two girls who sat next me seemed very nice and the professor was extremely funny and engaging. I’m looking forward to the next class.

My job with the Schulich School of Engineering, University of Calgary (that's not wordy at all) is really starting to pick-up. At first, I was part time development and part time communications. As of this week, and am full time communications, which I am very excited about. I have also moved out of the high traffic cubicle and into a nice quiet office. Hopefully, I can now focus on just our publications, events, media relations and other stuff pertaining to communications.

I am thinking about heading to Lethbridge this Friday and/or Friday September 28. Call me if you will be around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home