Friday, March 16, 2007

Moving to Calgary

It’s a good thing I’ve never been really big into hockey, otherwise, I’d be one confused Alberta fan. I spent the first 13 years of my life in the Calgary area, then I moved to the Edmonton area for about seven years, then I moved back south, this time to Lethbridge for three years, then back to Edmonton, and now I am moving back to Calgary. I will for sure be in Calgary for five years.

I found out Wednesday that I am moving and ever since then it’s been a bit of an emotional rollercoaster ride for me. I am happy about moving, because I will be in the same city as my sister, Lindsey, and her BF, Ali, and because I have a lot of close friends and family in Calgary and other parts of southern Alberta. I am also happy about moving to Calgary, because it’s closer to the mountains, and because it’s slightly warmer there.

I am unhappy about moving to Calgary, because I will, once again, be leaving my parents, my sister, Lacey, and some other really cool people. I am also unhappy, because the move creates a lot of stress and worry for me. Moving means finding a new job and finding a new house. I am worried that I won’t find a job as great as the one I currently have and I’m worried I won’t have the same great coworkers at my new job. I am also worried about timing...I don’t want to disappoint my current employer by leaving too early, but I don’t want to pass up a possible opportunity for a new job that would start right away.

I am worried about buying a house in Calgary, because the market is so hot right now and I want to be able to make my mortgage payments and still have enough money to live after. I am also clueless about what area of Calgary to live in.

I have no idea what month I will be moving, it all depends on the circumstances above, but I will keep everyone posted.

It may just be that I am over thinking this whole thing and that everything will turn out just fine...because I often do stress over stupid little things, but still, I could just really use a healing hug right now.

Hope everyone has a happy St. Patty’s Day! I’ll most likely be on Whyte Ave trying to party away my worries. Hope to see you all out J

1 Comments:

At 6:12 AM, Blogger Brock said...

Awww, sweetie, I'm going to give you a big hug as soon as I see you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home