Wednesday, June 27, 2007

New house, new job, new city, new roommate…

NEW HOUSE
The house is great. We’ve been living in it since Friday night, which was the big moving day. A handful of friends and family were there to help with packing, unpacking, and cleaning. We are so grateful to everyone for their help. Brock and his mom have been working very hard the past few days cleaning the carpets and everything else.

I really like the layout of the house. It’s a four level split with a finished basement. We have a long way before we run out of room for all of our stuff.

NEW JOB
So far so good. It’s my third week at the Schulich School of Engineering. Everyone seems to be very nice. This job is very similar to my last except for there is a much smaller media relations component, which makes me sad. I hope that the job will grow in that direction.

I really enjoy working at the university. The grounds are beautiful at this time of year and I can take one complimentary credit course a semester. It turns out my broadcast journalism diploma credits are transferable with the communications degree program, so I will be taking advantage of the free education.

NEW CITY
Calgary seems a lot bigger than Edmonton. It took take me 15 minutes to get to work and now it takes me at least 30 minutes. I do love the area that we live in. It’s very pretty and kind of feel like you’re in the country.

NEW ROOMATE
This is mine and Brock’s first time living together. It’s been fun planning and organizing. Just don’t tell my grandma that we’re living in sin ;)

COMING UP
I’ll be back in Edmonton this weekend. I plan on meeting up with Moira and Andrea for sure. Give me a shout if you also want to meet up.

Next weekend is Stampede. Friday night I’m going to Kelsey’s BBQ and Saturday we’re all going on a pub crawl. I’m mostly excited to see some of my friends from college. It’s been way too long!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home